Feel Like Loving Yourself More
Loving yourself more might sound a little over the top... even narcissistic. To the contrary of negative images of being a selfish brat and caring only about your desires; truly loving yourself more creates more of everything you want. The idea of loving self-care is the more we do for ourselves on a deep soulful level, the more we can give and receive from others. Space for wellness opens as we become present to make choices that nurture us.
Food and drink are clear choices reflecting the importance of intentional self-care. Intention is the basis for loving yourself more. Nothing good happens without intention. The tiniest bit of consistently connecting your mind and spirit to your body and how it supports you will emanate healthy habits.
Desirous of change, expansion, vitality, and more of what you want in life is a balancing act of choosing new input of food, drink, lifestyle and thoughts which resonate with your uniqueness and become healthy habits.
Now in to the New Year, resolutions may be on the slippery slope of falling into oblivion. Take heart. Know you are not alone if your best intended resolutions have fallen by the wayside. Most resolutions fail within 30 days when too much is taken at once or choices are not right for you, however healthy they may have seemed.
Rather than be a fateful statistic, find your healthy energetic life by choosing balance. Deprivation for the long term never works. Boring repetition with over arching goals doesn’t work as a long term strategy either. What does work is choosing a lifestyle with real lively satisfying food and other input of lifestyle and stress reduction that feels easy, delicious and satisfying.
Seven pointers to find your wellness groove and make 2018 your best year yet
1. Not all healthy food is healthful for everyone. Diet and supplements alone cannot restore poor bodily function. If you've been eating a clean healthy diet but still aren't reaching your goals, contact Tam.
2. Food is Information. The basic premise of making food choices healthy for you is to think of food as information for your body. Dr. Kelly Brogan says food is indeed information….
3. Thinking you can Out-Exercise poor food choices because you worked out is a clumsy strategy for weight control or wellness. Hitting the gym or running trail to work off a toxin laden meal is an unskilled approach to self care.
4. Deprivation is not healthy. If you start your day tired, your lifestyle and diet are not working. If your diet is a reset for you to return to what got you to the diet, it is a loser.
5. Eating healthfully is about making personalized choices for your unique beautiful body. Reference the fingerprint. You are one of a kind. One diet is not right for everyone.
6. Do not eat annoying food. Sometimes the stressor is innocuous, it 'should be' healthy. When you are not sure what is annoying or healthful, work with Tam John to guide healthy function. Once restored, Tam can guide you to see if reintroduction is right for you.
7. Live Optimally. Satisfaction from delicious real food should be easy. A qualified practitioner can be your guide to make it easy for you to make healthful choices and lose the diet.
Tam John's new title A Fresh Wellness Mindset is a guide to navigate healthful food choices and the modern/American food supply. Read a review here